Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Scotties Rock!

And...exhale.  The writing test is finally over!  Today, our students finished the writing SOL prompt portion of the test, and they worked their little butts off.  They have prepared so much for this week, and I hope that all their hard work is reflected in their scores.  They did not go at it alone, however, and we were really thankful to those teachers and fellow Scotties who lent a helping hand and were there for moral support.  I think the extra positive motivation gave our students the boost they needed to dig deep and do their best. 

The fantastic motivation from our fellow
Scotties.  Each student was given a smaller,
lucky rock for their desk to remind them
throughout the test.
As always our students were well taken care of :)
I'm so glad that our classroom can return to its semi-normal, chaotic self, but as reality sinks in, I begin to realize how much work we still have left to do and just how much material we have left to cover before the end of the year. While we do not have to focus as much on writing now, we are going to need to buckle down for the intense ride that awaits us on Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for being done with testing!! I love all of the cute treats you gave your students..,. especially the "you rock!" rocks! What a great idea! I'm your newest follower!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha so cute!

    I have an award for you too! Come and check it out xx
    Daydreams of a Student Teacher

    ReplyDelete