Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Goodbye Scotties :(

So I haven't posted in a while as I have been quite consumed by my job as a student intern, creating lesson plans, managing my classroom, and keeping up with my work sample. 

I am happy to report that my students finished their geometry quilt squares, and it is now hanging proudly in the hallway for all to see!  They worked very hard on this culminating activity, and they came up with some very creative ideas for our class quilt.


Here are some of my students' creations:




On a sadder note, today was my last day at McIntosh Elementary.  I have truly enjoyed my time with my kids, and I have learned so much from my cooperating teacher, Mrs. Hager.  I could not have asked for a better placement or a better mentor to learn from.  I will miss my fifth grade team greatly and hope I join a new team that is just as fun and friendly.  I will never forget my time with these kids, and I feel so much more prepared for when I get a classroom of my own.  They have made such an impact on my teaching future, and they will be missed.  My time as McIntosh has only strengthened my love of teaching and my passion to teach others.  I thank everyone who has helped me learn and grow throughout this experience.  You have made me a better teacher, and I appreciate all you have done for me.














2 comments:

  1. I love this class quilt idea! Is there any chance you could send me some more information about it? I'm teaching geometry to a grade 6 class and am looking for a fun culminating activity that wouldn't take too long because I think I'm also doing a test.

    ReplyDelete