Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

A Little Luck of the Irish

We're getting into the spirit of St. Patrick's Day a early this year!  My cooperating teacher found a cute St. Patty's Day craft which our students started on today.  We had such cute (and creative) leprechauns.  Next week our students will finish their craft by making their leprechauns talk.  We have been learning how to properly use and write quotations, so our students will continue practicing by adding some speech bubbles.




On another note, I received the "One Lovely Blog Award" from the wonderful Miss D over at Daydreams of a Student Teacher.  Take some time to check out her page (if you haven't already)!  I enjoyed her post about "Letters to Miss D."  What a great way to allow your students to get to know you.  They get to ask as many questions as they want, and the teacher can answer in their own time. 

So here are the rules to the award:
1.  Link back to the blog that gave you the award.  Check!
2.  Pass the award on to 15 other lovely bloggers.

Please stay tuned and check back as I am on the hunt for other lovely bloggers!  More to come :)


5 comments:

  1. Cute leprechauns. I did the same idea with lepechauns and quotation speech bubbles except I had my kiddos make the leprechaun look like themselves. You can check it out on my blog. I'm a new follower.

    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Rowley,

    I love your blog and title! So creative and cute :) I'm the newest follower of your blog, a student teacher starting my first practicum next month! I would love it if you could visit my site and follow me back!

    Crayons, Glitter, and Smelly Markers
    http:www.crayonsglitterandsmellymarkers.blogspot.com

    Satya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    The leprechauns are so cute! I am a student teacher starting practicum in a week!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out.

    This is a gorgeous idea. Double points for linking it to quotations! Such a smartie pants :)

    xx
    Daydreams of a Student Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your leprechauns are so cute! I cannot wait to see what they say...that is a great way to practice that grammar skill!

    Congratulations on your award! I am happy to be your newest follower and would love for you to come visit me if you get the chance! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete